Hoff, Syd. (1986). Danny and the Dinosaur. New York: Harper & Row, Publisher, Inc.
This book is a modern fantasy. The format of this book is print only. This book is only appropriate for young and new readers. This is classified as an I Can Read Book. I particuarly remember reading this book when I was very young, in the first grade. This tells the story of a young boy named Danny who takes a trip to the museum. While at the museum he loves all the animals, but he loves the Dinosaurs the most. While he is there he makes a wish that the dinosaurs would talk to him. The next thing he knows, a dinosaur does talk to him. Danny and the dinosaur leave the museum and spend the whole day together going to the zoo, eating ice cream, and teaching the dinosaur how to do tricks. At the end of the day Danny must go home and the dinosaur must go back to the museum. This book teaches young children how to be creative and how it is possible to have many different types of friends. I recommend all beginning readers read this book at one point in time or another. Hopefully, they will all love this book as much as I do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment